Last updated: Jan 25, 2019
2. Collection. When you use our Services, we collect the following information, and use it only as described below:
2.1. Account Information. This may include your name, address, email address and phone number. We use this information to contact you, to set up your account, and to provide Squarespace and other third party services with a way to contact you.
2.2. Third Party Account Information. If you use third party services, such as social media or mailing list management services, you may provide us with your third party services account information, such as your username (note that we don’t store any passwords you use to access third party services). We transmit, and may store, such account information, only as needed to provide our Services.
2.4. Communications With Us. When you send us emails or other communications, such as customer support inquiries, we maintain those communications and their contents so that we can resolve your inquiries or otherwise assist you.
2.5. Files (Assets) You Provide Us. When you use our Services, we store, process and transmit your user content (such as your photos and copy). We process and store such files and information in order to provide our Services.
2.6. Usage Information. This includes information about your activity on and interaction with our Services, such as your IP address, your device or browser type, the webpage you visited before coming to our sites and identifiers associated with your devices. Squarespace uses this information to analyze how their services are being accessed and used, and to track their performance.
3. Sharing. When you use our Services, we may share your information only as described below:
3.1. Third Parties You Authorize. You can give third parties access to your and your end users’ (your website visitors/clients) information. For example, you may wish to integrate your site with a third party newsletter service that requires access to the email addresses you collect from your end users, in order for that newsletter service to send emails on your behalf and at your direction. Just remember that such third party’s use of this information will be governed by the terms and privacy policies of the third party.
3.2. Following The Law. All activity on your website is your responsibility and you are expected to comply with any laws associated with your online activities. We take no responsibility for your actions and activities while you’re operating and maintaining your website. Squarespace may disclose your information to third parties if they determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law, protect their rights or prevent fraud or abuse of Squarespace or other users.
4. Protection. While no service is completely secure, Squarespace has a security team dedicated to keeping your information safe. They employ security measures such as using firewalls to protect against intruders, building redundancies throughout their network (so that if one server goes down, another can cover for it) and testing for and protecting against network vulnerabilities. Payment information is transmitted using HTTPS encryption, and they maintain a PCI DSS certification.
5. Retention. We'll retain your personal information for as long as we need it to provide you with our Services. You can ask for your personal information to be deleted at any time by deleting your Squarespace account or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Access. To modify or delete the personal information you have provided us after the design process, simply log in and update your profile on Squarespace. They may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes.
8. Communications. We may periodically email you service-related announcements. We'll also send you emails related to your transactions. We may also send you marketing or promotional communications, but you can opt out of receiving subsequent marketing or promotional communications by clicking the link marked unsubscribe (or a similar phrasing) that’s included in those communications.
9. End User Information:
9.3. End User Payment Information. Your end users’ payment information may be processed via third party eCommerce payment processors with which you integrate your account, in accordance with such eCommerce payment processors’ terms and policies. Squarespace transmits your end users’ complete payment information when they initially provide or update it, only so that they can pass it along to the eCommerce payment processors you agree to use. They don’t collect or store your end users’ payment information.